Guide to Direct-To-Film Custom T-Shirt Printing Technology
Direct-to-film printing (DTF) is popular these days. It lets you customize a wide range of fabrics, not limited to natural ones. So, if you have a polyester tee and want to print it, you can choose the DTF printing method.
Difference between DTF and DTG
In Direct-to-film printing (DTF), the image is first printed on a transfer film. The film is then kept directly on the garment, and the image is transferred to the fabric by applying a heat press.
In Direct-to-garment (DTG), the image is printed directly on the fabric through specialized inkjet printers.
DTF also uses the same printer, but the difference is that the printing is first done on a transfer film.
The advantage of this method is that it can be used on a variety of fabrics, both natural and synthetic ones, whereas DTG can be used only on natural fabrics. Also, DTF is beneficial for printing challenging garments such as those in red, green, blue, and yellow colors.
In short, DTF widens printing avenues, as it can be used in almost any garment fabric.
Any reputable custom T-shirt shop will use both DTG and DTF methods because both are popular. So, you shouldn’t have a problem finding a designer who uses these methods.
Here is a list of characteristics of this printing technology to give you a clear idea of how advanced and beneficial it is.
Characteristics of DTF:
- It gives the printer the freedom to choose whatever fabric they want. This method is compatible with almost all materials.
- The end result is a durable and vibrant design that accentuates the beauty of the garment.
- The printers for DTF can be integrated into computer software so that the designer gets multiple options to choose from in colors, ink, and other such designing traits.
- DTF uses six-color ink tanks and PET films.
- The prints are coated with a special adhesive that increases the durability of the print on the fabric.
- DTF removes the need for pre-treatment of a garment, darkroom, drying process, color mixing, and other such steps.
- DTF image takes only a few minutes to dry.
- DTF also works on dark-colored fabrics and light-colored ink. This is not the case with DTG.
- DTF proves to be an efficient printing process and enables companies to churn out volumes of printed apparel, making it a profitable venture. At the same time, it is pocket-friendly for the customers too.
Gone are the days of cumbersome printing methods like woodblock and others. They still exist, but only in limited places. Today, digital printing techniques have almost taken over the fashion industry. It gives designers and customers multiple choices in designs, colors, patterns, and the end appearance of the apparel.
Custom shirt printing is popular, and almost everybody wants a custom tee in their wardrobe. Don’t have a custom tee yet? Then, you ought to contact one of the top designers and get yourselves a fabulously designed custom T-shirt at a fabulous price. What’s more? You will receive the designed garment right at your doorstep.
What is Direct-To-Film Custom T-Shirt Printing Technology?
Direct-To-Film Custom T-Shirt Printing Technology is a process where T-shirts are printed using film rather than screens. In this process, images are transferred from a digital file to a piece of film which is then used to print the shirt. The main benefit of this technology is that it produces high quality prints that look exactly like the original design. Additionally, this process is very fast and can be used to produce large quantities of shirts quickly.
What are the Advantages of Direct-To-Film Custom T-Shirt Printing Technology?
The main advantages of direct-to-film custom T-shirt printing technology are the speed and accuracy with which shirts can be printed. Printing on T-shirts is a fast process, as most machines can print up to 60 shirts per minute. This means that orders can quickly be processed and delivered to customers.
Another advantage of direct-to-film custom T-shirt printing technology is the high degree of accuracy and quality that is possible. Not only does this process produce very detailed prints, but it also eliminates the need for any post-processing or final adjustments. This results in a shirt that looks exactly like the original design blueprint, without any errors or flaws.
Last but not least, one of the main benefits of using direct-to-film custom T-shirt printing technology is cost savings. Printers using this method are able to produce shirts at a much lower cost than traditional methods. This makes them an attractive option for businesses that want to produce large quantities of high quality T-shirts quickly and cheaply.
What are the Disadvantages of Direct-To-Film Custom T-Shirt Printing Technology?
Custom T-Shirts are typically printed using direct-to-film printing technology. Direct-to-film printing is a process where T-shirts are printed on large, high-resolution screens that are used to printshirts without the need for a shirt tracing or fabric cutting stage. However, there are some disadvantages to this type of custom T-shirt printing technology.
One disadvantage of direct-to-film printing technology is that it can be more expensive than other types of custom T-shirt printing. Another disadvantage is that it can be less accurate when it comes to depicting the size and shape of the T-shirt design. Finally, direct-to-film printing can take longer than other types of custom T-shirt printing to complete a shirt order.
How to Choose the Right Direct-To-Film Custom T-Shirt Printing Provider?
When you are planning to have custom T-shirts made, there are a few things you need to take into account. The type of shirt, the materials, and the printing process will all play a part in deciding who you choose to print your shirts.
In this guide, we will discuss the different types of shirts and explain what factors should be considered when choosing a printing provider. Next, we will give an overview of direct-to-film printing technology and discuss some of the pros and cons of each option. Finally, we will provide a recommended list of vendors for those looking for direct-to-film T-shirt printing services.
How to Order a Custom T-Shirt Online?
If you’re in the mood for a T-shirt but don’t want to go through the hassle of finding a local tailor, you can order one online. There are plenty of places that will print your shirt for you, and each offers its own unique benefits.
Here’s how to order a custom T-shirt online:
1. Choose your shirt style. There are several different types of T-shirts available on the web, including crew neck, v-neck, and hoodie styles. You’ll need to decide which type of T-shirt you want before proceeding to step two.
2. Determine your size. You’ll need to find the size of T-shirt that corresponds with your body measurements. Most sites offer a “custom fit” option so that you can get a shirt that fits perfectly. To find out your measurements, take a look at yourself in clothes that fit well (you might have some old clothes lying around from when you were younger). Use the measurements that correspond to those clothes to find your size on the site you’re using.
3. Choose your printing options. Most sites offer several printing options, including digital printing and direct-to-garment (DTG) printing. Digital printing is the most popular option because it’s usually more affordable than DTG printing and it produces sharper graphics than DTG printing does. However, digital prints tend not to last as long as DTG prints do due to their delicate nature Apnewsbill